Art class of DOOM

Today I'm going to tell you a story from my days at collage, but first progression of new Illu Once upon a time I studied Architecture There I found a lot of imposing rulers The teachers all had fur, and their convictions had a clear tilt towards the radical. Some hot chicks. Here I learned: To drink wine I got a new set of vocabulary To over emphasize my lines That all shadows are not created equal That the strange gray contraption, was for sharpening your pencils Pencil after sharpening But we also was thought something more important, and that we found in the ART CLASS OF DOOM. In this class we where meant to learn water color painting, our teacher wouldn't exactly levitate but you didn't here her when she came. She was a rather imposing woman both in height and weight. When you where painting she would float by and in a very monotone voice say: "now you have killed it", (Nu har du dödat den) meaning you had added to muchcolorr, and you could throw it away. Even today when I paint I hear her mantra, "now you've killed it", ringing in my ears, and making painting almost impossible.

15 comments:

  1. Great narration! The "hot chick" gag is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so good, where to start? I love the drawing of the hairy teacher and the pencil sharpener! Gosh, what a formidable woman she sounds, enough to scare anyone!

    The illo is wonderful too, so much movement with those flying animals, and great details in the windows!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and the disappearing hair - nice touch ;)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Valko, and yes Felicity she was and is (I hope a) formidable woman.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh crap --having awkward flashback to my own student days!! ARRRGH!!
    very funny little tale -- amazing how many people who's job it should be to teach and inspire instead abuse their power to crush, destroy and snuff out the craetive flame... funny, only my female teachers were hairy...?

    ReplyDelete
  6. She had a point though, it pretty sums up what happens when you put on to much pigment. I always been very insecure when it comes to color, it might be because I have a little fling of Daltonism,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ai, that's almost sad. :P
    I love this little story, it's absolutely great. :)

    bytheway. stupid woman. arrh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know if she was stupid Muffin, later in life I had a lot of rather dull teachers, one thing I'll give her she wasn't bleak :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. HA ! HA !! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha Ha Ha... That's a very encouraging story.
    By the way, the huge amount of great sketches is still amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't stop repeating myself "this guy is crazy" when i see your drawings of buildings.

    And the story about studying!
    You are really funny, the mechanic pencil sharpened made me laugh the most.

    You have a beautiful way to show how you feel through your drawings.
    Great, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great illustration and I can totally relate to the story.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks all and don't stop relating!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love your sketches, you have a very funny and original way of looking at the world. the square about the good & bad way to sketch was great, and so true...
    signed:
    a fellow post-architecture student, hoping to become an illustrator.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Rachel, I switched to graphic design after two years, can't really call myself an architect

    ReplyDelete