The last push

Time is running up, this Friday my family are coming and we are going to take a weeks holiday at Tassos, (an island just outside of Kavala). I made the left part of this in the old town of kavala, the right part at the docks. It's hard to draw floating boats, there constant in motion making the perspective very hard to get right I had to stand up and draw this one, not used to that made the body hurt a bit This morning I decided to try and run up the hill to the cross on the top, halfway there I met a man with four canine motivators (i.e large stray dogs), the dogs kept me motivated all the way up to the top they where just a pace behind barking like mad, I might be able to market this as a new way of training.

9 comments:

  1. I'm worried the dogs might catch rabies from the runners

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are quite beautiful. I love the tattered window in the second set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you transform the boring buildings and the ordinary houses into something charming and interesting !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sense an illustration coming with dogs chasing a runner...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I prefer stationary dogs Mcverhoog, but maybe
    thanks all

    My bark is worse than my bite Ellis

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous6:59 PM

    Everytime I read your blog, I have an intense urge to go out and draw. You're the canine motivator of the sketchbook world.

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks like somewhere in the Mediterranean. Still love stopping by your blog. You have a very unique style.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous11:45 PM

    such beautiful work you do! i love your pictures...even the wiggly boats look fabulous..you don't need to worry! thank you for such a beautiful blog!

    ReplyDelete