Stolen Page

I have been posting my daily drawings to my Facebook Fanpage since 2009, steadily growing an audience and reaching about 200000 followers.  Since 17 March, the page has been under the control of criminals after an invite to be part of a podcast with American musician Tony Terry (a hacked account). I feel like a fool falling for such a blatant scam, but I never thought that my page would be worth stealing.

The Page keeps posting scams and misinformation all over Facebook. I contacted Facebook support on 20 April (which is impossible to reach without paying ads to Facebook), but the fraudulent posts kept on, and now they have added me as an admin to another page. The criminals have all the controls to add new admins to my page, spreading their filth and scam people.

Sorry for the rant, I would prefer to delete all my Facebook presence, but I would hate to leave my fans, and the fraudulent post would continue in my name anyway. 



No comments:

Post a Comment