the top to bottom approach

I'm in a bit of a post project vacuum, so I did this drawing yesterday. I started at the top (minus the animals) and worked my way downwards. As I worked my way down, enjoying the ride but when I got closer to the ground I got in problems. How to finish it? Shall I turn the building to some kind of vehicle? (No I did that the last time) Shall I put the building in water? (not enough paper left). Well I have to return to the critter trick, put some fairly exotic animals with large bulk in front of it. Mission accomplished, color (or maybe coffee) to come..

10 comments:

  1. Fabulous. Can't believe it works so well with just starting at the top and seeing what happens - I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:19 PM

    its such a mystery to me, how you start from the top and by the time you come to the bottom, there's a wonderful drawing! it must be magic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you'd think it would fall over before you could draw the supports on the bottom to hold up the top.

    ReplyDelete
  4. another great drawing.
    congratulations. Is really nice to follow your blog here from portugal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you install the plumbing that way too?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just fantastic, cool
    Im dreaming with a namiki falcon since i saw your drawings
    thanks for showing us your work

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mattias!

    Impressive.....and tall!

    -Dean

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool drawing! Fun to start not knowing how you will end it!

    ReplyDelete